PRIVACY & SECURITY
Last updated: May 1, 2018
The LS&CO entity responsible for the processing of your information will depend on where you are located in the world and how you interact with our stores, websites, apps and other channels. Please review the list of our relevant LS&CO Group companies here to identify the name and contact details of the relevant LS&CO Group company(ies) responsible for the processing of your information.
OUR PILLARS OF PRIVACY
|TRANSPARENCY||YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES||DATA INTEGRITY|
We want you to know what information is collected when you interact with our stores, websites, apps and our other channels and how we use it.
. . . . .
We will offer you choices about how your information can be used.
. . . . .
We take reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect from you.
. . . . .
Contact Us Regarding Your Information
Although we urge you to contact us first to find a solution for every concern you may have, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your competent data protection authority.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you interact with our stores, websites, apps and other channels, we may collect information about you from three main sources:
- you may give us some of this information directly;
- we may collect information automatically from your interaction with our stores, websites, apps and other channels; and
- we may also obtain information from third parties.
We may collect the following categories of information about you:
- Registration details. Using registration forms in our stores, websites, apps and other channels, we may collect from you your name, surname, email address, password, gender, birthday, city, ZIP code, country of residence, telephone number, whether or not you are a student.
- Additional profile information. We may collect from you any additional information that you decide to include in the profile sections of our websites, apps and other channels, such as your postal address, language, telephone numbers, passport details and citizenship (in case you wish to buy duty free) personal preferences (for example marketing emails preference or categories of products you are interested in), wish list, preferred store, composition of your family, interests, images, any avatar that you may have selected.
- Purchase data and history. When you purchase (or return) an item in our stores or on our websites, we collect the details of any purchased item including its reference, size, price and date of purchase and where relevant your payment or credit card details, shipping and billing address, optionally a telephone number to assist with delivery and any wording you may suggest for gift card, where that service is available. We may also collect the location of your purchase to identify your preferred store location.
- Physical characteristics. When you use some of the features and tools of our websites and/or apps, we may collect the weight, height, body shape and body measurements you provide (e.g. when using filters to search for items you are looking for or when using our virtual stylist assistance or online chatbot). We may also collect your best fitting brands that you wish to share with us and your size in those brands.
- Images. Most of our stores are equipped with CCTV and will record pictures of your visit to our stores.
- Geolocation data. If you specifically consent to it, we may collect your geographical position from your device to help you identifying our closest store or evidencing that you are at a specific required location (for example in the context of a game).
- Feedback data and user-generated content. We collect relevant information that you share about yourself when you provide feedback to us in our stores, on our websites, apps and/or other channels, for example when you post a product review or give feedback regarding our websites. We also collect all information you provide us in user-generated content elements of our websites, apps and other channels, for example when you provide us with a picture or video of you wearing one of our products.
- MAC address. When you visit some of our stores, we may collect the MAC address of your mobile phone
- Social media account credentials. When you ask us to post content from our websites or apps to a social network, we may collect your social media account credentials and other information contained in your public post including about our brand.
How And Why Is Your Information Used?
We use the above described information we collect about you to pursue the following purposes, which are necessary for the performance of the contract between us to provide you with the products or services you requested or which we consider in our legitimate interests:
- To enable you to register on our websites, apps or loyalty programs and help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To process any purchase (and return) you made in our stores or on our websites including for our accounting, auditing and other internal functions and to offer you an overview of your purchase history;
- To send you transaction-related emails or push notifications, including such things as account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, moderation messages, changes/updates to features of the websites/apps, technical and security notices;
- To manage your participation in our loyalty programs and provide you with the benefits of such loyalty programs;
- To offer you the features for which you provide information (e.g. search tools, virtual stylist);
- To handle any request you may have to our consumer services such as resolving your problem or question, manage any complaints or deal with any feedback you may provide us;
- For statistical analysis of aggregated data to help us segmenting our offering and develop our products;
- To better understand the way in which our websites/apps are working and to create statistics in relation to the use of our websites/apps, services, stores and offerings in general;
- To offer better websites/apps/stores experience to you based on your account profile and purchase history;
- To help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, websites and apps;
- To provide you with an interactive social media experience and enable you to share content on social media to bring aspects of your social media community to our stores, websites and apps;
- To track brand, product and store window attractiveness and elevate your experience as a consumer.
Based on your voluntary consent, we also use:
- your browsing data to better understand your profile, interests, preferences, look and styles, to enhance your user experience and facilitate your shopping experience and offer you relevant information and promotional materials and interest-based advertising;
- your personal information and we may combine these with third-party data to send you personalized emails and push notifications about our exclusive offers, new arrivals, event and contest invites tailored to you and your interests;
- your geolocation data to help you identifying our closest store or indicating that you are at a specific required location such as a store or accessing the functionalities of our Levi’s® 247 App or provide you with targeted advertising.
In order to comply with our legal obligations and security of our website, we may also use some of your personal information to detect and prevent illegal uses, abuse, spam, (payment) fraud(e.g. payment card authentication) security incidents and other harmful activity or government or court orders.
If we use your information for other purposes than those above mentioned, we will notify you of these purposes before using your information and obtain your consent where necessary.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
As we are operating globally, other entities of the LS&CO Group may have access to your personal information. An overview of our group companies can be found here
We may share information we collect from you or about you with some of our business partners who help us operate our stores, websites, apps or other channels and provide important services to our customers and visitors: we consider these our trusted business partners. Our trusted business partners may change over time but we are committed to building relationships with third parties who are dedicated to providing you a safe and satisfying experience.
The following categories of trusted business partners may come into contact with your personal data and/or information:
- members of our distribution network of store franchisees and commissionaires or key multibrand retailers ;
- external consumer relations service provider;
- payment processing providers, who need to process your data in order to allow you to make payments for your online purchases;
- transport and shipping companies;
- third party advertising and analytics companies who collect browsing information and profiling information and who can provide advertisements which are tailored to your interests;
- social media companies, where you make use of social media features that are offered on our websites or apps;
- added value service providers who provide their services via our websites or apps;
- service providers who host and operate our websites, apps or other channels.
In addition to the foregoing, please note that the third parties mentioned above will in many cases have their own statement regarding the collection and use of your personal data and information. We strongly advise you to carefully review these statements.
We may also share some of your user generated content in our stores, websites and apps with the general public visiting our stores, websites and apps.
We may also be required to disclose your information to public authorities or other governmental agencies only to the extent this is permitted under data protection laws and is required by mandatory provisions in applicable laws.
Personal information we collect or process in our Stores or when you use our websites, apps or other channels may be stored or processed by LS&CO group of companies or other recipients listed above in countries other than the country in which your personal information originally was collected (this may include for example the United States, at our LS&CO premises). The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your personal information. However, please rest assured that we implement all the necessary and appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information. Furthermore, as regards the transfer of personal information to countries outside the EU, we have entered into so-called “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the Commission of the European Union for international transfer of personal information to controllers or processors established in third countries as the case may be.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information For?
The principle that we apply is that your personal information will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected.
Your information that we need to manage you as our customer will be kept for as long as you are our customer. When you wish to terminate your account, your data will be erased accordingly, unless otherwise required by applicable laws. We may indeed have to retain some transactional information for evidentiary purposes according to applicable laws as well as the information necessary to show that we acted on your request to terminate your account. We will keep consumers information that we use for prospection purposes for no more than 3 years starting from the date of the last contact originating from the prospect or the end of the business relationship.
We refrain from keeping data collected through cookies and other trackers for more than 13 months without renewing our notice and or obtaining your consent as the case may be.
Some other data are only kept for the time necessary to provide you with the relevant features of our websites or apps. For example, your geolocation data will not be kept beyond the time strictly necessary to identify your closest store or that you were present at a specific location at a given time, the body measurements you provide will only be processed during the time necessary to answer your relevant search and provide you with a relevant product reference.
Our websites and apps do not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Information collected through cookies and web beacons to keep track of what products you viewed and purchased and what areas or pages you viewed on our websites or apps is called “analytics data”. We use analytics data to improve the design and content of our websites and apps, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
Interest-based advertising has become commonplace across the Web. It is the term we use for the activity that enables us to tailor ads to your interests and activities. Either LS&CO or third-party advertising companies we work with may look at your browsing activity, such as the types of content you access, ads you click on, and searches you conduct. We can then infer certain interests you have and place ads and offer you deals that meet your needs. Our goal for interest-based advertising is to show ads to people likely to be interested in the products we offer at LS&CO. We believe these interest-based ads are more useful to you than randomly-generated ads because they are tailored to your shopping and product interests as indicated by your browsing habits.
We allow certain third-party advertising companies to collect information from browsers of our websites and apps and shopping information to use to serve interest-based ads. These companies are usually third party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors or providers of sponsored content. Using cookies and web beacons, these companies collect data from a particular browser about web viewing behaviors over time and across unrelated websites and use such data to predict user preferences and to deliver advertisements to that browser which are calculated to target that browser’s predicted preferences. We work with selected media and technology vendors for delivery of marketing services with whom we may share your email address to help them build and deliver to you marketing communication regarding our products tailored to your interests on third-party websites.
If you would like to learn more about interest-based advertising and see what choices you may have about how companies use your information, please go to http://aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there. The only way to fully opt-out of online tracking is to adjust your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when a cookie is set. Please remember, even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising on or through http://aboutads.info you may still receive ads from LS&CO, as interest-based ads are only one form of advertising.
Finally, it is important to note that in most cases opting out drops an “opt-out cookie” on your browser. As a result, if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Third-Parties Websites, Apps and Services
Our websites and apps may contain hyperlinks to and from websites and apps of third parties such as Facebook or Instagram. If you follow an hyperlink to one of these websites or app or interact with them, please note that we cannot assume any responsibility or warranty for the third party content or data protection conditions, nor do we have any influence on this. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-parties websites and apps before you transmit personal information to these websites and apps. Please also see section “Interacting with social media on our website” in Safeguarding your personal information tab” for further details.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
With respect to your personal information, you have the rights to:
- request access to and be provided with information on the processing of your personal information;
- request corrections of your personal information if such personal information proves inaccurate or incomplete;
- request, on legitimate grounds, your personal information to be deleted provided we are not under a legal obligation to keep these;
- request, on legitimate grounds, the restriction of the processing of your personal information
- object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or to any processing which we would have grounded on our legitimate interest (e.g. profiling);
- withdraw your consent at any time where the processing of your information is based on consent;
- receive personal information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those to another provider provided these are processed based on your consent or our contract;
- lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please reach out to us by any of the ways mentioned in the “Contact Us Regarding Your Information” section.
To manage your choices regarding information collected through cookies, you may also click here.
You may also directly manage some of your personal information by signing in to your account from any page of our websites or from our apps, , where you can access, correct or update your choices and settings regarding some of your personal information if you have created an account with us. You may also check the relevant questions about how to manage your account and about privacy and security in the Help section from any page of our websites or apps.
With respect to our marketing emails, you can always click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us or click on the “Unsubscribe” button in “My Account – Email Preferences” on our websites to opt out of receiving email communications from us in the future.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you register on at our websites or apps, we ask you to set up a username/login and password that you can use to access your information at our websites and apps. If you want to change your username/login or password, sign in to your account by clicking on “My Account” from any page, or click on "Manage Your Account" from within the Help section Desk and follow the instructions.
We maintain appropriate, administrative, technical, organizational and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use, and other unlawful forms of processing.
We use industry recognized security technology for establishing an encrypted channel to pass information between two systems. This link ensures that all data (payment information, personal information) passing between your computer and our websites remain private and secure.
However, when you communicate with customer service via email or chat on our websites, the level of protection for such communication channels is not guaranteed (e.g. there is no encryption), and therefore, be aware that information provided (such as email address, payment information, etc.) may be accessible to others. For that reason we ask that you protect yourself and not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
Interacting with social media on our website or apps
We may receive information from third parties through the social links presented on our website or apps in the form of social buttons like Tweet, Like or Pin it . By clicking on one of these buttons, you will be prompted to log in to the corresponding social media website; you will essentially be browsing both our website/app and the social platform at the same time, but your experience with the social components will be governed by the privacy and other policies of the social platform. The privacy settings you have chosen on that social media platform will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings accordingly.
What are cookies and web beacons?
A "cookie" is a computer file that acts as an identification card for your computer. When you visit our sites, unique cookies are placed on your browser. The purpose of the cookie is to distinguish your browser from all other browsers that visit our sites.
“Web beacons” interact with cookies to “read” the information contained on them. When you visit our sites, web beacons will recognize specific cookies that have been placed on your browser. By recognizing your browser, we can serve you better. Recognizing your browser does not mean that we can identify you by reference to your name, email or other specifically identifiable personal information, because the cookie is only the browser's identification card; it is not your personal identification card.
What do cookies do?
Cookies do various things. For example, cookies allow us to hold the selections in your shopping cart when you navigate away from the order page and then return to complete the order; because of the cookie, you don't have to start over with
your shopping. We consider these types of cookies to be necessary for the successful operation of our site and refer to them as required cookies.
Using cookies and web beacons, we can also keep track of what pages of our website your browser visited and whether you purchased a product. That way we can measure such things as how effective our advertising campaigns have been. We refer to these as functional cookies.
The specific functional and advertising cookies associated with our website change regularly depending on the type of browsing behavior we are analyzing, the third party we have engaged to perform analytics on our behalf or the third-party advertising company we are working with to generate digital behavioral ads.
How can I manage my cookies?
We have partnered with TrustArc, an online privacy solutions provider, to offer you a tool for managing the cookies associated with your browser on our website. Click here to learn more about those cookies and to manage your choices. Please note that if you choose to disallow advertising cookies while on our website, using the TrustArc tool, it does not mean that you will no longer receive ads from LS&CO,
as behavioural ads are only one form of digital advertising. It is also important to note that the way the cookie management tool functions is by actually dropping a cookie on your browser. This serves as the mechanism that delivers the
message: “stop allowing cookies”. As a result, if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, or use a different computer or Internet browser, you’ll need to renew your cookie management choices.
We take security very seriously, so your personal information will be protected. We use the industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket layer (SSL) and other reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized use or disclosure. All the confidential data like payment information is encrypted and transmitted through a secure channel using SSL encryption.
Should any unauthorized charges appear on your credit card as a result of shopping with levi.com or any of our other websites, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Please note that we never ask a customer to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Levi's® asking you to do so, do not respond and let us know by clicking here